Terms and Conditions
By making a booking you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and fully accept the terms and conditions as detailed below:
- All business bookings are conducted officially through email, even if your original enquiry is taken via social media or telephone.
- To ensure that there are no medical issues contributing to your pet’s behaviour, Behaviour By Becca may ask for your pet to be assessed by your vet and ask for a veterinary referral form to be completed.
- Consultations will only be confirmed on receipt of payment at least 4 days prior to your first session. Payment can be made via Stripe prior to your consultation or group programme or membership through the invoice link shared via email.
- It is your responsibility to ensure you are available on the correct date, time, and place for the consultation according to the information provided by Behaviour By Becca.
- The consultation fee for ‘Behaviour Support Packages’ includes: an initial online consultation lasting up to 1.5 hours, Behaviour Treatment and Training Plan, and follow-up sessions as detailed in your booking email.
- Follow-up sessions included in your package will need to be scheduled within 2 months of receiving your Behaviour Treatment and Training Plan for general packages, and within 6 months of receiving your Behaviour Treatment and Training Plan for 6 month packages. Follow-up sessions will be booked at times based on mutual availability. It is your responsibility to book these sessions with Behaviour By Becca. If you do not schedule your follow-up sessions within this time period, Behaviour By Becca reserves the right to terminate your package. In this eventuality, no monies will be reimbursed.
- The sessions included in group programmes or memberships are outlined in the booking email. These are non transferable.
- Individual training or behaviour follow-up online sessions booked separately from any packages, last up to one hour. If face to face sessions are available these will be quoted individually per client.
- Follow-up support will be available via paid sessions for as long as you and your pet need, in order to reach agreed goals.
- Consultations and sessions that are virtual or held online cannot be transferred to face to face sessions.
- Refunds will not be given once the initial 1.5 hour consultation for a behaviour package, or the first session of a group membership or programme has taken place.
- Refunds for cancelling a booked package prior to the behaviour consultation or group programme will be subject to a deduction of a 5% administration fee and Stripe fees are non refundable.
- Behaviour By Becca complies with CCAB’s (Certificated Clinical Animal Behaviourist) Code of Conduct, you can read and refer to this here.
- Behaviour By Becca will not tolerate punitive techniques used towards your pet. All behaviour and training methods embrace humane, scientifically-sound training practices based on learning theory and an understanding of dog behaviour. This will always exclude any pain-inducing, fear-inducing, or avoidance-based techniques.
- The cancellation rates, should you (the client) need to cancel an appointment, are as follows:
- 48 hours and over – no charge
- Between 48 hours and 24 hours – 50% charge of booked session
- Under 24 hours – 100% charge of booked session
- Sessions scheduled as part of a ‘Behaviour Support Package’ that are cancelled with less than 24 hours notice, will be void and the session cannot be rescheduled.
- In the event that your session has to be cancelled by Behaviour By Becca, your session will be rescheduled to the next first available appointment and this will be discussed and confirmed with you by email.
- There are no guarantees that a problem behaviour will be completely resolved. Some issues have a genetic input; and/or a problem behaviour may have been going on over a long period. All successes will depend on the work put in by you, the owner, people involved in the training, environmental factors (for example, your household, your walking routes, the influence of other people and animals) and physical factors (for example, diet, neutering status, medical conditions)
- Results may be seen very quickly but are more likely to take time and commitment and very occasionally a behaviour plan may not be effective in resolution of problem behaviour.
- Your pet will be objectively assessed and Behaviour By Becca will write a Behaviour Treatment and Training Plan designed to suit your needs. This will require your ongoing commitment, consistency and patience.
- Implementing the Behaviour Treatment and Training Plan is the responsibility of the owner, as is the responsibility for the pet’s welfare and on-going behaviour.
- Behaviour By Becca cannot be held responsible for any events or actions arising from failure to follow any advice, given either in writing or verbally.
- Some pets are not suitable to remain in their current home, and if this is the case it will be discussed with you. You are solely responsible for this decision.
- Safety is a primary concern. If your pet has any behavioural issues that may cause injury to itself or others, escapes or causes damage, you are required to notify Behaviour by Becca in writing so that we can adjust the programme accordingly. Any incidents that occur due to lack of management, neglect or otherwise, remain the responsibility of you, the pet owner.
- Dog training in particular often involves physical activity and as such, owners are reminded to pay due care and attention to their own health and safety, and that of others.
- Owners remain responsible for the action of their pets at all times. Neither Becca nor any person acting on her behalf accepts liability for any loss, damage, injury or illness to dogs, other animals, handlers, spectators, members of the public or owners of property whatsoever.
- Any children who are attending consultations must be supervised by a responsible adult at all times.
- For health and safety reasons, please pick up after your dog and dispose of its waste responsibly.
- You agree that you will give your veterinary surgeon permission to sign a referral form that either you or they will send back to Behaviour By Becca, along with your pet’s medical history before the initial consultation. You also agree that we have your permission to share a copy of the Behaviour Treatment and Training Plan with your referring veterinary surgeon and/or practice staff, to discuss your pet’s case verbally or in writing by email or letter, at any time during the duration of the Behaviour Treatment and Training Plan.
- Behaviour By Becca reserves the right to use photos and or videos of your pet to share on social media channels if an agreement has been made in writing over email.
- Behaviour By Becca reserves the right to repost a story or photo if you ‘tag’ Behaviour By Becca, from your own social media channel.
- Any reviews shared on Google may also be reposted on Behaviour By Becca’s social media channels.
While you’re waiting for the support…
Management is key for safety and to prevent the problem from getting worse before the training plan begins. Every time your pet rehearses a behaviour, it becomes more ingrained so try to avoid scenarios that will cause the unwanted behaviour. If your pet is showing signs of aggression, then make sure to keep them under control by using leads, muzzles, and dog gates as safe and appropriate, while avoiding any triggers.